We collect the following categories of personal information from our candidates:
- Customer candidate contact Information such as name, email address, mailing address, phone number, employment history.
- Identifiers such as user name, user ID, password, IP addresses.
- Demographic information of our candidates and site visitors such as age, education, gender, interests, postal code (if provided as part of your CV).
We use the personal information collected from these individuals only for the following purposes:
- Providing work-finding services to our candidates as requested / agreed to by you (the customer)
- Keeping records of candidate activity
- Keeping records of candidate information to help us administer our recruitment services
- Responding to a candidate's service or support requests.
- For marketing purposes
By confirming your registration as a candidate with tfconnect, you declare and agree to the following:
- I give my consent to be contacted by tfconnect by email, telephone and SMS - unless stated otherwise on the candidate agreement form. I understand that emails include emails from individuals at tfconnect as well as newsletters, job alerts and marketing material relating to my career search in the events industry.
- I confirm that I have read and agree to tfconnect's full Candidate Terms and Conditions
- I confirm that I am eligible to work in the country / countries of the positions for which I submit an application or ask for my CV to be put forward
- I confirm that I have (re-) registered with tfconnect through my own choice.
- I confirm that, should any of my personal details change (e.g. contact details, visa / work permit validity), I will inform tfconnect immediately.
- I give my consent for tfconnect to search for and submit my details for temporary, contract and / or permanent vacancies, as it deems suitable, and for tfconnect to pass any reference, if necessary, to potential selected employers. I understand that tfconnect will first seek my approval before submitting my CV to any given employer.
- I undertake to notify tfconnect of the details of any offer of employment made to me arising directly or indirectly as a result of my registration with tfconnect.
By registering as a candidate with tfconnect, you agree to inform us of any criminal convictions, including the date and nature of the offence.
Spent convictions do not need to be declared under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. However, individuals working with children and vulnerable adults are exempt from the above Act and MUST declare all offences, including spent convictions. The information you give will be treated in strict confidence and only taken into account where the offence is relevant to the position for which you are applying.
In the event that an assignment involves working with children or vulnerable adults, or in a certain profession, tfconnect will request a Disclosure. tfconnect complies fully with the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the DBS Code of Practice and undertakes to treat all applicants for positions fairly. It undertakes not to discriminate unfairly against any subject of a Disclosure based on conviction or other information revealed.
I hereby certify that to the best of my knowledge and belief all the information given by me is true and correct, and that all the questions have been accurately and answered in full.
Collected Information from Third Parties
tfconnect collects data from third parties such as job boards and CV databases, for the sole purpose of providing work-finding or recruitment services to candidates who hold an active account (used within the last 12 months) with the third-party service.
These details are collected and stored, subject to the same conditions as collected information above. These details are made available to us either by a candidate submitting an application for a job or by a candidate submitting their CV to a CV database of which we are a customer / user.
tfconnect will make all reasonable attempts to ensure that the candidates, whose data we collect in this way, are legitimately interested in using our service in order to continue storing and processing this data. We establish legitimate interest initially by contacting the candidate by email or telephone, inviting them to have an introductory conversation with us. We will do this wherever we feel we are able to provide work-finding services to the candidate even if the candidate cannot be progressed for the role they applied for.
If we receive no response to our initial outreach within 60 days of receiving the data, we will remove and / or anonymise this information (by removal of personally identifiable information).
Although tfconnect makes every effort not to contact candidates who are not interested in our services, tfconnect does not guarantee exclusion of any particular candidate from its third party data processing policy as described above, in the event that the candidates details are made available to us on another occasion via repeated submission, advert applications or CV database registration.
These repeat submissions will be treated as a ‘new’ customer or candidate unless tfconnect finds an obvious identifier to indicate that the candidate has already asked not to be included in tfconnect’s communication (e.g. an excluded email address).
How long we retain your data
For users that register on our website or submit a form, we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile and in our CRM database. All users can see, edit, or submit new personal information at any time from the website (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information. This information will be held as long as a candidate has an open candidate profile with tfconnect and has not asked for their account to be closed or removed.
tfconnect keeps records of the placements that it confirms as a result of recruitment activities, including salary / package information, interview outcomes and a noted history. This information will be held indefinitely as our record of business.
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
How to remove your data
Users can remove and update personal details via the website and tfconnect will take reasonable steps to ensure that this data has been updated in its central database. If you would like to permanently close your account and cease communication with tfconnect – you may use the ‘Remove my Account’ form on our website. By submitting the form, you understand that we will no longer be able to provide work-finding / recruitment services to you and will be unable to contact you about any future opportunities.
Alternatively, you may asked to be removed from our database by emailing email@example.com – requests for removal will be processed as soon as reasonably possible. Your data will be removed from our core CRM within a maximum of 7 days, we will then check for the presence of your data in all other internal databases and aim to ensure that your data is either removed or anonymised (by removal of personally identifiably information) across our business within 30 days.
tfconnect reserves the right to retain any data that it is required to keep by law.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
tfconnect always uses human decision-making to review, reject or progress candidate applications or CV registrations.
tfconnect does provide pre-screening questions via its third party advertising platforms. These questions are multiple-choice and it is made clear upon application that these questions must be answered in a certain way in order for the application to be submitted to tfconnect.
Submissions that do not meet the criteria will be automatically rejected and the candidate will be immediately notified. If the candidate has made a mistake in their application form – they are welcome to resubmit the information with amended details.
There are no automated exclusion processes / blacklists in place on our website and all candidates have the opportunity to submit applications / register their CV as many times as they choose. More information can be found in our Candidate Terms and Conditions.
tfconnect is not obligated to submit any particular candidate for any particular position and reserves the right to decide, on any number of occasions and for any lawful reason (in accordance with the Equality Act 2010) that it does not wish to submit any individual for any position or to actively provide work-finding services to any given individual. This does not affect your statutory rights and you will not be prevented from making further applications.
For full details of tfconnect's commitment to and expectation from its candidates - see our Terms and Conditions.