A show director/event director vacancy is now available within a rapidly expanding, global exhibition organiser based at offices in London, UK. We’re looking for an experienced event professional with a commercial background.
Our client is an award-winning, events and trade exhibitions company dedicated to enhancing customer value, extending its global footprint and exploring every available growth opportunity.
The successful candidates will lead from the front and across multiple disciplines including sales, show brand, budgets, marketing and operations. He/she must be experienced in delivering large-scale exhibitions as well as selling show exhibitor and sponsorship space.
The show director will be tasked with driving delivery of a successful launch, in line with a brand-based strategy and vision and would be ideal for a dynamic Sales Director or Senior Sales Manager looking to take the lead on an exhibition.
- Extensive exhibition experience and a solid sales skill-set are a must
- A strong understanding of large-scale trade shows and exhibitions
- A proven track record of efficient budget control, strong business analytics, relationship management and strategy development
- Providing forecasts on show revenues, contribution, manpower and actions that are being taken in order for the show to be delivered on budget (and other reports or analysis as required)
- Developing strategies and initiatives through research, analysis, relationships and market intelligence, to ensure the ongoing growth and sustainability of the show/s
- Producing a coherent brand strategy for the event to maintain and increase relevance to market, meeting both visitor and exhibitor expectations
- Proactively ensuring the success of a high profile event whilst maximising profits
- Liaising with other departments such as operations, marketing and the show team to ensure the smooth running of the event as well as planning and post-event responsibilities
- Supporting the company’s senior management team to ensure the smooth running of the company as and when required
If you’re an experienced exhibition event manager, sales manager or sales director with a desire to drive the commercial success of an event – let’s talk.
**Please only apply if you have the relevant experience for this role.**
Whilst we do our best to get back to all applicants, we receive a high number of submissions and are not always able to respond to every unsuccessful applicant. If you don’t receive any correspondence from us within 5 working days, please assume you have been unsuccessful.
tfconnect is a specialist recruitment partner for exhibition and conference organising companies, venues and contractors.